Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great, sweet basic recipe that would be great for any breakfast or brunch. It's a twist from Monkey Bread.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons pecans, halved
- 6 maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the brown sugar with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Spread the butter and sugar into the bottom of a 10 inch ring mold.
- Arrange the nuts and cherries, cut side up, on the brown sugar.
- Combine the granulated sugar and the cinnamon.
- Dip each biscuit into the remaining melted butter, then roll it in the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Arrange the biscuits in the mold so that they are slightly overlapping.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Unmold onto serving plate immediately.
- The butter usually prevents the mold from sticking, but if it does stick, loosen with a knife or spatula.
- For variation, use a granola mixture instead of the pecans and cherries.