Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Makes a quick, portable breakfast for those busy weekday mornings. I cook the meat and dice the vegetables ahead of time and store in plastic bags in the fridge, so I can just toss it together in the morning. The measurements listed are guesses; I usually just "eyeball" it.
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onions
- 2 tablespoons finely minced sweet bell peppers or 2 tablespoons mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons diced cooked bacon or 2 tablespoons browned bulk pork sausage (optional)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon cream (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon taco seasoning, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄4 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 3 8-inch flour tortillas (burrito size)
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds and place each on a serving plate.
- Crack all 6 eggs into a large measuring cup or a small mixing bowl; add milk or cream; whisk slightly and set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet heat the bacon grease or oil over medium heat and add vegetables and meat, sautee 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and meat in the skillet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and taco seasoning.
- Scramble till almost done, then remove from heat and fold in the cheese until melted.
- Put a third of the mixture onto each burrito and roll up.
Yum! Simple and good. I used red bell pepper, mushrooms, bacon, Mexican blend cheese and topped with some salsa and sour cream. Thanks Zewbiedoo for a nice breakfast. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.