Makes a quick, portable breakfast for those busy weekday mornings. I cook the meat and dice the vegetables ahead of time and store in plastic bags in the fridge, so I can just toss it together in the morning. The measurements listed are guesses; I usually just "eyeball" it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onions
- 2 tablespoons finely minced sweet bell peppers or 2 tablespoons mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons diced cooked bacon or 2 tablespoons browned bulk pork sausage (optional)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon cream (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1/4 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 3 8-inch flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 1Warm the tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds and place each on a serving plate.
- 2Crack all 6 eggs into a large measuring cup or a small mixing bowl; add milk or cream; whisk slightly and set aside.
- 3In a nonstick skillet heat the bacon grease or oil over medium heat and add vegetables and meat, sautee 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 4Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and meat in the skillet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and taco seasoning.
- 5Scramble till almost done, then remove from heat and fold in the cheese until melted.
- 6Put a third of the mixture onto each burrito and roll up.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Breakfast Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.0
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 437.6 mg
- Sodium 442.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 19.4 g