Recipe by Sherri at the Beach
We make variations of this dish all the time. Sometimes using sausage or ham in place of bacon. Adding mushrooms, broccoli or tomatoes to the veggies, with or without salsa. You are only limited by your imagination.
- 1 small potato, chopped fine
- 1 shallot, chopped fine
- 3 button mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 green pepper, chopped fine
- 6 slices bacon (cut in half)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 slice watermelon (cut in wedges)
Directions See How It's Made
- While browning the bacon in a medium non-stick skillet, chopped all the veggies, keeping separated and set aside.
- Break the eggs in a bowl, add in a little water and whisk until blended, aside.
- When bacon is to your preference, remove and drain. Discard all but 1 teaspoon of bacon fat and heat pan back up to medium high heat. Add in potatos in a single layer and don't touch until carmelized on one side.
- Shake the pan then add mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes before adding shallots and green pepper. Cook two more minutes.
- Stir the eggs and add them to the skillet with veggies. Stir occasionally until eggs are cooked to your liking (we like them cooked dry about 3 mintues).
- Divide the eggs in half and plate. Top with salsa. Decorate plate with bacon and watermelon.