Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Quick and easy recipe that tastes like it took way more effort!
- 1 loaf cinnamon-raisin bread (1-lb)
- 1 quart milk
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Tear bread slices into small chunks; place in large bowl.
- Add milk and let soak 10 minutes.
- Work mixture with hands until milk is absorbed.
- Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and butter.
- Pour into 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.