1/1 Photo of Quick-Braised Carrots With Butter
I never really enjoyed eating cooked carrots until I found this recipe. It comes from a cookbook by Mark Bittman. I prefer making this with the butter and maple syrup. It makes a great combination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices or 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter or 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 -2 tablespoon mint, for garnish
- 1Place all ingredients except the fresh parsley or mint in a medium saucepan over high heat, bring to a boil, and cover.
- 2Turn heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes.
- 3Uncover saucepan and raise the heat a little.
- 4Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated and carrots are cooking in butter or oil.
- 5Lower the heat and keep cooking, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender (not mushy), a couple of minutes longer.
- 6Taste and adjust salt and pepper if necessary.
- 7Garnish with the fresh parsley or mint and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick-Braised Carrots With Butter
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 120.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g