Recipe by JanuaryBride
From Vegetarian Times, April 2010. They suggest serving over brown rice or quinoa for a great main course! Serves 6 as as side dish or 4 as a main dish. NOTE: I just made this again tonight and switched it up a bit. . .and liked it better. . .used veggie broth instead of the water for steaming, used only 2 T of sun-dried tomatoes, then added a little Greek Seasoning but didn't use the balsamic vinegar. I thought it was much better this way and I plan to use the leftovers for a frittata tomorrow!!!
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large head of broccoli, cut into small florets (1lb)
- 1⁄3 cup water (may sub veggie broth)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled goat cheese (may sub feta)
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and sliced (I only use 2 T)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the pine nuts in dry skillet over med heat 3 to 4 min, stirring occasionally. Transfer to large bowl.
- Heat oil in same skillet over med high heat. Add broccoli and cook 2 min, or until florets are evenly coated with oil and beginning to soften and brown, stirring constantly. Carefully add 1/3 cup water; cover tightly with lid. Steam broccoli 4 min or until water has evaporated and broccoli is tender.
- Transfer broccoli to bowl with toasted pine nuts, and season with salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle goat cheese over broccoli, and stir in sun-dried tomatoes. Drizzle vinegar over top and serve warm.