Recipe by AllThingsCooking
My kids love this. This really does the trick in a pinch as all of the ingredients are usually on hand anyway!
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 2 slices raw bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté bacon until lightly brown.
- Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in pan.
- Add onions and sauté until lightly caramelized.
- Add garlic, peas and carrots and dry ramen noodles.
- (You can break the ramen noodles in half or crush in package before adding to sauté pan).
- Cook until noodles are lightly brown.
- Add water and 1/3 of the chicken base included in ramen package.
- Simmer until most of the liquid is reduced into a sauce.