Top Review by PollyB
I wish I could have given a 10. this was made and on the table in under 30 minutes. Even the kids liked it. A great recipe for this weekend for me, I'm having guests and I want to wow them. Thanks.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium green tomatoes, sliced
- 10 medium mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 3 large banana peppers, sliced (or peppers of your choice)
- 5 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can small shrimp (optional)
- 10 ounces linguine
Directions See How It's Made
- Place garlic cloves and oil in large skillet and saute over medium heat.
- When garlic sizzles and browns, remove from skillet and discard.
- Quickly add onions and cook, stirring, for about 8 minutes.
- Add green tomatoes and peppers.
- Cook for 15 more minutes.
- Stir in all other ingredients except parsley.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- In another skillet add 1 tsp.
- olive oil, add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes.
- Cook linguine to your likeness.
- Add parsley to sauce and stir.
- Plate the liguine, place shrimp on top and top with sauce with additional parsley if desired.
- You can have parmesan cheese at the table.