Recipe by Cullinaryjudge
This is a quick dessert. Moist and flavourful.
Top Review by DDW
This is defintely quick, easy and very tasty too. I made this for a cake social and decided to use white frosting instead of the glaze for looks only. I purchased a piece so I could try it out and loved the cake but next time will make it with the glaze and/or some whipped cream. The frosting was just a bit too much. I love the addition of the almond extract, it really gives the flavor an extra touch. This recipe is a keeper!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1 (19 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, beat eggs and almond extract.
- Stir in cherry pie filling and chocolate chips.
- Thorougly mix in DRY cake mix.
- Spread in greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Make glaze by melting chocolate chips and butter.
- Add milk and icing sugar and mix until smooth.
- Spread on cake.
- Serve as is or with whipped cream.