Recipe by moonpoodle
I like having these as a side with tacos or fajitas.
Top Review by spam1791
I used to eat a can of beans just plain before because I didn't know what else to do. This spiced up black beans to make them much more tasty. I would recommend even doing more of the cumin, oregano, onion, and hot sauce mixture for a can of black beans. I would make this again with just that one adjustment.
- olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mexican-style hot sauce (or more to taste0)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour a bit (about 2 teaspoons) of olive oil into a medium saucepan, and warm it over medium heat.
- Add the onion, increase the heat to medium-high and cook until the onion is is pale yellow, stirring occasionally. Add the cumin and oregano, and stir well.
- Add the hot sauce, and stir well again.
- Add the garlic, followed by the beans (no need to rinse the beans).
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until the beans are soft and warmed through.
- Add salt to taste.