Recipe by SJG3483
Want bean soup but short on time? Try this.
Top Review by Junebug
This is an easy to follow recipe that is simple to make and tastes absolutely wonderful! I did add extra garlic, hot sauce and about 2 tsp chipotle powder. I topped it with mozzarella and green onions. Excellent flavor and so quick! Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe SJG3483!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained,with one cup of liquid reserves
- 28 ounces canned vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) candiced tomatoes with juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (or less if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil, add onion, garlic and thyme.
- Sauté about 8 minutes or until onion is golden.
- Add beans, bean liquid, broth, tomatoes, and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes until soup thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Puree soup in blender in 2 batches.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.