Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Want bean soup but short on time? Try this.
Make and share this Quick Black Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil, add onion, garlic and thyme.
- Sauté about 8 minutes or until onion is golden.
- Add beans, bean liquid, broth, tomatoes, and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes until soup thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Puree soup in blender in 2 batches.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This is an easy to follow recipe that is simple to make and tastes absolutely wonderful! I did add extra garlic, hot sauce and about 2 tsp chipotle powder. I topped it with mozzarella and green onions. Excellent flavor and so quick! Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe SJG3483!