Recipe by Jusmi71
Mild Italian Sausage and Jar Pesto make this quick recipe tops. This sauce has the flavor and texture that I really enjoy and can't find in any jar sauces. Plus it's quick and easy. An easy variation on this recipe is to add a cup or so of half and half or heavy cream at the end to make a wonderful vodka cream sauce.
- 1 lb Italian sausage (sweet or mild, casing removed)
- 1 medium onion, Diced into coin-sized pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can san marzano tomatoes (Crushed)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans san marzano tomatoes (Diced)
- 3 tablespoons garlic (Minced, I add more sometimes XD)
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce (coarse chopped is best, not the kind that looks like a paste.)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, Sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup vodka (optional, but recommended)
- 1 lb pasta (cooked)
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, cook crumbled Italtian Sausage over med heat.
- Once almost done, add Onions and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent then add Vodka.
- Add Garlic, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Red Pepper Flakes and Pesto and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add a splash of Olive Oil and serve over your favorite Pasta with Parmasean Cheese.