Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An extra-easy, no-fuss dessert using store bought whipped cream, pound cake and any berries you have on hand or in season. Add a little sugar to the berries if you like. Serve in wide mouth wineglasses for an elegant presentation. You can use a sprig of mint instead of the thyme for the garnish. Recipe can easily be halved.
- 473.18 ml whipped cream
- 709.77 ml poundcake, cubed
- 118.29 ml fresh blackberries
- 118.29 ml fresh raspberry
- fresh thyme sprigs (to garnish) or mint leaf (to garnish)
- Layer ingredients in wide mouth wine glasses or clear glass dessert dishes beginning with whipped cream, followed by pound cake, then berries.
- Repeat until each glass or dish is full, ending with whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme or a mint leaf.
It amazes me that, at this time of year I'm sometimes able to find fresh berries, if I look hard enough! A little expensive, maybe, but well worth it ~ This makes for a VERY NICE TASTING DESSERT, & the recipe is certainly a keeper! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]