Recipe by foodtvfan
An extra-easy, no-fuss dessert using store bought whipped cream, pound cake and any berries you have on hand or in season. Add a little sugar to the berries if you like. Serve in wide mouth wineglasses for an elegant presentation. You can use a sprig of mint instead of the thyme for the garnish. Recipe can easily be halved.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
It amazes me that, at this time of year I'm sometimes able to find fresh berries, if I look hard enough! A little expensive, maybe, but well worth it ~ This makes for a VERY NICE TASTING DESSERT, & the recipe is certainly a keeper! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 3 cups poundcake, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
- fresh thyme sprigs (to garnish) or mint leaf (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer ingredients in wide mouth wine glasses or clear glass dessert dishes beginning with whipped cream, followed by pound cake, then berries.
- Repeat until each glass or dish is full, ending with whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme or a mint leaf.