Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are reminiscent of mu-shu, but much simpler. Use the shredded cole slaw mix from the produce dept or shred a small head of cabbage. Quick and easy to make, dinner will be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 lb coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 12 fajita sized flour tortillas
- 12 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Heat oil in saucepan on medium heat. Add beef and garlic and cook until browned, about 10 minutes, drain.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add carrots, cabbage and cook another 5 minutes.
- Mix together hoisin sauce, sesame oil, and water. Pour over beef and vegetable mixture. Stir to combine.
- Cover and let mixture steam for 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 T hoisin sauce onto each tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup of beef/vegetable mixture. Roll up and serve.
These are really good! I didn't change a thing, but I will add just a bit more garlic next time. :)
I tried this on a whim. I like Chinese food...the hubby hates Chinese food. After looking concerned with the slaw mix (he doesn't like cabbage either,) he hesitantly bit into it...a few mouthfuls later he was like "this is good, keep this one"....I reminded him he was eating Chinese food in a burrito, he grunted...lol... I thought this was yummy. I added a little less of the hoison sauce per the reviews, and a bit of soy sauce at the finish for the salt factor. Two of us polished off at least four servings. It's a keeper!!!
Sorry- we really wanted to love these. I like everything that went into these but we thought they were way too sweet. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I didn't use the oil to cook my ground beef. I also didn't add the extra hoisin sauce to the tortillas. Maybe if we cut back a lot on the hoisin sauce or add something else to them.