Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is a "cheater". It is quick and easy for a good meal after work when you are in a hurry. Or, if you have left over roast beef on hand and want to make your own polenta, you can make it more "homemade". I love it. There is some heat to it, buy mild tomatoes with chiles if you prefer. Enjoy!!
- 16 ounces log of pre-cooked prepared polenta, cut crosswise into 8 slices (find this in the dairy section)
- 1 (17 ounce) canof fully cooked roast beef, with au jus sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat broiler. Place polenta slices on cookie sheet. Place sheet in broiler at closest position to heat source and broil 10-12 minutes until polenta is golden on top.
- Meanwhile, drain beef jus into 12" skillet. Add tomatoes with their juice and chili powder; heat to boiling over high heat. Boil 4-5 minutes until sauce thickens. While mixture boils, shred beef with forks. Coarsely chop cilantro.
- Stir frozen corn and beef into tomato mixture; heat through.
- Remove saucepan from heat; stir in all but 1 tsp cilantro . Arrange polenta over beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese and remaining cilantro. Cover skillet; let stand for 2 minutes until cheese melts.