Cinda Lu's Note:
This recipe is a "cheater". It is quick and easy for a good meal after work when you are in a hurry. Or, if you have left over roast beef on hand and want to make your own polenta, you can make it more "homemade". I love it. There is some heat to it, buy mild tomatoes with chiles if you prefer. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces log of pre-cooked prepared polenta, cut crosswise into 8 slices (find this in the dairy section)
- 1 (17 ounce) can of fully cooked roast beef, with au jus sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1Preheat broiler. Place polenta slices on cookie sheet. Place sheet in broiler at closest position to heat source and broil 10-12 minutes until polenta is golden on top.
- 2Meanwhile, drain beef jus into 12" skillet. Add tomatoes with their juice and chili powder; heat to boiling over high heat. Boil 4-5 minutes until sauce thickens. While mixture boils, shred beef with forks. Coarsely chop cilantro.
- 3Stir frozen corn and beef into tomato mixture; heat through.
- 4Remove saucepan from heat; stir in all but 1 tsp cilantro . Arrange polenta over beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese and remaining cilantro. Cover skillet; let stand for 2 minutes until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Beef Tamale Pie
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.7
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 680.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 37.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: