Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very simple & quick version of the traditional stroganoff - my family actually prefers this to the real kind.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chives
- 12 ounces cooked noodles
- Saute onions in butter, add hamburger & brown.
- Add garlic salt, flour, salt, pepper, paprika & mushrooms. Simmer for 5 or 6 minutes.
- Add cream of chicken soup and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now add sour cream, blending well & simmer for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot over noddles & garnish with chives.
Yummy! This was really simple and tasty. I added a little bit of milk at the end to thin the sauce a little bit and garnished with green onions. Thanks doogsteroflove for another keeper. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
Wow is this good stuff! I made as directed but added about 2 Tbsp of Worchestershire sauce and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat. The addition of using cream of chicken soup really sends this recipe over the top. Thanks for sharing this wonderful quick-night recipe. :)