Recipe by Liffey
This is really fast to make for hungry adults who don't want pizza and are ready to eat in 20 minutes. If serving with rice, start the rice cooking first! It's perfect for before you all go out or right after the kids have gone to bed and you are all hungry. But never boil it at the end! I once had this all ready to serve when my sister's boyfriend went over & turned up the heat 'cause he was hungry and it all separated out! It's really that quick.It still tasted good, but he didn't like the way it looked. Next time we put him in charge of cooking the rice ; )
- 1 lb beef steak, cut into 2-inch strips
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 pint beef stock
- 5 ounces natural yoghurt
- 1 grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry the beef in oil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the orange rind, beef stock, salt and pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- (If anyone likes onions, fry them up now in the pan.).
- Stir in the natural yoghurt, heat through very very gently, then serve straightaway with rice.