Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Using store-bought beef strips and frozen vegetables makes this an easy dish, of coarse you may use fresh vegetables if desired, carrot slices or broccoli works well with this, add in some mushrooms and/or water chestnuts also ;-) Use only low sodium soy sauce and if you are using beef broth use only low sodium. The dried chili flakes are only optional add in for heat. Serve this with cooked rice.
Top Review by Annacia
This is great. I'm currently a bit low on veggie choices so I used frozen snow peas, sliced carrots and some red pepper along with a piece of sirloin that I cut into strips. I cut back on the soy sauce by half. It was served with brown rice and hit the spot very nicely indeed. Made for Newest Zaar Tag
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 cups boiled water, slighty cooled (or use 2 cups low sodium beef broth)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, stir-fry strips (or use sirloin steak sliced thinly)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided (more if desired)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 cups frozen stir fry vegetables (use any choice desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the bouillon granules in boiled water until combined; cool slightly.
- In a bowl whisk together cornstarch, low-sodium soy sauce and sugar until smooth, then add to the broth; whisk/mix until combined; set aside.
- In a bowl toss the beef strips with fresh garlic, ginger powder, chili flakes (if using) and black pepper.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat; add in the beef in 2 batches and cook to desired doneness; remove to a plate.
- Add in 1-2 tablespoon oil to wok or skillet and add in vegetables; stir-fry until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beef back to the wok and heat through.
- Serve over rice.