- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups water
- 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked orzo pasta (I use rice instead)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, carrots and corn vegetable blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef, onion and garlic in large saucepan over medium high heat until beef is brown, stirring to seperate meat; drain fat.
- Process tomatoes with juice in covered blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add tomatoes, water, bouillon cubes and pepper to meat mixture.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Add orzo (or rice) and vegetables.
- Simmer and addtional 15 minutes.
- Serve with Fench bread if desired.