This is great for a weeknight meal. It's quick and easy and very hearty!! I got this out of Quick Cooking magazine.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (46 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Stir in V8 juice, soup mix, contents of ramen seasoning packet and mixed vegetables.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return to a boil.
- Stir in ramen noodles.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until ramen is tender.
- To freeze: Place in a rigid container and freeze.
- To heat: Thaw, place in a saucepan and stir until heated through.