Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yet another Pasta-Roni recipe. The salvage store where I shop has a huge variety at VERY cheap prices. The boxes are just dented a bit and I pick up several for special occasions. Yes, special occasions but with a twist. These recipes are so good, your family will never know you cheated.
- 1 (4 7/8 ounce) package Garlic Alfredo Pasta Roni
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb boneless sirloin or 3⁄4 lb top round steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cups cremini mushrooms or 3 cups white mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced shallots or 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine or 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- Combine flour, thyme and pepper in a resealable plastic food storage bag. Add steak; shake to coat evenly with flour mixture.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add steak; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/4 cup water, broth and wine; bring to a boil. Add pasta, Special Seasonings, steak and carrots. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer 5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.