Recipe by Missy Wombat
From Rose Elliot's kitchen. A kid favourite.
Top Review by catpanclub2
Yes! We own a cookbook with this recipe (Vegetarian Fast Food), and make it all the time. Our toddler loves it! A few notes - easy to make vegan with a cheese sub like Daiya. Also, I like to add a little cheese (or, cheez) to the bean mixture as it cooks. It helps bind it together, making less of a mess on the plate.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 225 g baked beans
- 225 g red kidney beans, drained
- 225 g sweetcorn, drained
- 4 -6 slices bread
- 125 g cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, then add the onion a nd cook, covered, for about 10 minutes, until it has softened.
- Add the baked beans, kidney beans and sweetcorn to the pan. Cook the mixture gently until everything is hot.
- Heat the grill. Transfer the beany mixture to a shallow heatproof dish that will fit under your grill. Roughly tear the slices of bread over the top ( with or without the crusts) then cover with the grated cheese.
- Grill for about 10 minutes, or until the bread is crisp and cheese melted and golden brown. Serve at once.