Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A few simple ingredients that come together to make a quick, healthy bean salad that is great as a side or lunch when mixed with lettuce.
- 1 (19 ounce) canmixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Ready to eat right away, but I like to refrigerate for about 1/2 hour.
This was a good salad, but next time will go a little easy on the vinegar. I added an extra teaspoon of sugar to the mix and still was quite puckeringly tart! This is a good way to make 3 bean salad if you don't want a whole bunch - I usually use one whole can of each green beans, yellow/wax beans and kidney/red beans. Using the pre-mixed beans makes a smaller batch possible. Just right for DH and me! Made for My 3 Chefs, 2012