Recipe by lsmart
This is a great flavorful enchilada. I made this by just mixing together a bunch of stuff that sounded good together and it came out great. So far I haven't found anything like it. ENJOY!
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
I had all of the ingredients and just had to try it! I cut the recipe in half and used my homemade refried beans. I also used a mix of green pimento stuffed olives and black olives. No jalapenos, just the green chilies and dried cilantro soaked in sour cream for a little bit. I also heated the corn tortillas a little before filling, they were flexible and easy to fill when warm. I will make again. It is a recipe we can all eat. Thanks for posting!
- 8 -10 small corn tortillas
- 1 (28 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups grated kraft 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese, separated
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 (16 ounce) cans vegetarian refried beans
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 (3 7/8 ounce) canssliced black olives, ripe (1 large can, drained)
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced jalapenos (optional)
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF; spray a 9 x 13 lasagna pan thoroughly with Pam.
- Spread 1 cup of enchilada sauce in bottom of baking pan.
- Combine beans, cheese, chilies, onions, sour cream, cilantro and olives in large mixing bowl, tossing gently to thoroughly mix.
- heat oil in non stick skillet. Cook corn tortillas in oil until soft, make sure that you do not cook for too long or tortillas will get hard and crack when trying to roll.
- Stuff and roll enchiladas with 2/3 of the bean mixture. Place them, seam-side down in pan – in two rows of 4-5; long the long side of the pan.
- When all are in pan, pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas until all is covered. (Making sure that there is no remaining tortillas showing or they will dry).
- Spread remaining cheese and olives on the top on the sauce until the whole pan is covered. Sprinkle with jalapenos (optional).
- Bake, uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly and melted. Cool for 5 minutes to re-congeal before serving.
- Garnish with sour cream and salsa.