1/1 Photo of Quick Bean and Bacon Soup
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I needed a quick dinner and had no idea what to make. So, I did some "scrounging " and came up with this very thick and hearty soup. If you would like to add more bacon and onion please feel free to add it. Some people call white beans " Great Northern ".Posted to Food.com (a.k.a. "ZAAR") on January 3rd. 2013.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan cook onion and bacon on medium heat until onion is clear and bacon lightly browned (If needed add oil to brown bacon).
- 2Add bean and bacon soup to bacon/onion mixture.
- 3Then pour half of the can of mixed beans into a bowl and mash.
- 4Add the rest of the canned and mashed beans into saucepan with other ingredients (if the mixture seemed to thick add the water) .
- 5Stir until well mixed, and turn heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Bean and Bacon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 1336.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: