Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I needed a quick dinner and had no idea what to make. So, I did some "scrounging " and came up with this very thick and hearty soup. If you would like to add more bacon and onion please feel free to add it. Some people call white beans " Great Northern ".Posted to Food.com (a.k.a. "ZAAR") on January 3rd. 2013.
- 4 slices bacon, sliced into thin stips
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (optional)
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can bean with bacon soup (I used Campbell's )
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canmixed beans (pinto and white beans )
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan cook onion and bacon on medium heat until onion is clear and bacon lightly browned (If needed add oil to brown bacon).
- Add bean and bacon soup to bacon/onion mixture.
- Then pour half of the can of mixed beans into a bowl and mash.
- Add the rest of the canned and mashed beans into saucepan with other ingredients (if the mixture seemed to thick add the water) .
- Stir until well mixed, and turn heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through.