Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another quick and tasty way to do vegetables on the BBQ. No need to measure ingredients but don't go overboard on the herbs.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Slice zucchini in half length wise and then cut into serving pieces of around 5cm (2 inches).
- Lightly sprinkle with dill, oregano and pepper, then drizzle olive oil over the top.
- BBQ on oiled hotplate over low-medium temperature for around 4 minutes skin down, 3 minutes face down and a final 3 minutes skin down.
This was a HUGE hit with my DH and myself. I like the fact that the herbs can be tailored to suit individual tastes. These were so easy to make and a refreshing way to make something we love! Made for the October Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
Very nice zucchini! The flavor was very natural which I liked. I grilled them on medium on my neighbor's grill and it took almost 25 minutes for them to get done. I had small zucchini, so we used 2 - I cut them in half and then in half again making 8 nice sized chunks. I used fresh oregano and dried dill and doubled the amt asking for in the recipe (most of it fell off during grilling, but that's OK). I am going to use the leftovers in some lasagna next week.
These were great. Thanks!