Recipe by Snicklefritzie
This is a dish I just threw together. It is quick and easy. Kind of a middle-eastern taste and quite healthy!
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
Easy and very tasty. I made it even lower in fat by just using a bit of cooking spray instead of olive oil. This has just enough flavor to hold its own without overwhelming whatever you serve it with. I used regular barley, so of course it wasn't very quick, but it was very good. Thanks for posting.
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking barley
- 7.39 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml chopped onion
- 14.79 ml unsweetened coconut
- 14.79 ml raisins
- 14.79 ml chopped almonds
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan over low-medium heat. Saute onion in oil.
- Add raisins, coconut and nuts. Let coconut and nuts toast a bit.
- Stir in Chicken broth and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add barley and cook 10-12 minutes or until it has absorbed almost all of the liquid.