Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I haven't made it yet.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 garlic clove, Finely Chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In small saucepan, cook onion and garlic in margarine until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use as basting sauce for pork, chicken or beef.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- In 1-qt glass measure, microwave margarine on full power (high) 30 to 45 seconds or until melted.
- Add Onion and Garlic.
- Microwave on full power (high) 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover with waxed paper.
- Microwave on full power (high) 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture boils.
- Microwave on 2/3rds power (medium-high) 4 to 5 minutes.
- to blend flavors.
- Proceed as above.
Quite good and quick too! This sauce uses things that I always have on hand, so I'm pretty sure it will be my "go-to" sauce from now on. It's currently simmering in the crock pot with some chicken breasts. Thanks for posting!
great recipe and easy too!! i ran out of bbq sauce and had all the ingredients to make this one. now i make it all the time instead of buying it. thanks.
This recipe was a quick fix when I ran out of bottled barbecue sauce while cooking ribs. I didn't have time to simmer it, and it was still good. I added about a tsp of mesquite liquid smoke, and thought the end result was wonderful!