Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've had this recipe for a long time. Gathered a few quick dinners for weeknights. Easy on the time and on the budget. Even easier if you precook the ground beef and onions and keep them in the freezer for later. Just thaw in the fridge until ready to use.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) jar barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups bisquick buttermilk baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Cook ground meat and 1/2 of the onion in 10-inch skillet until beef is brown; drain. Stir in barbecue sauce.
- Spoon into ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Stir baking mix, milk and eggs until blended. Pour over beef mix.
- Sprinkle with remaining onion.
- Bake 25 to 27 minute or until crust is light golden brown.
Very easy and very good! Perfect for satisfying that BBQ craving. Instead of a mix for the cornbread I used the "Sweet Cornbread" recipe (83625) and it worked wonderfully. This will make a very thick layer of bread on top, so you could half the cornbread if you wanted.