Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My own concoction---yeah, another one. LOL Make this in quicktime for dinner or snack! Feel free to place ingredients in glasses in any order you prefer.
- 1 (1 3/8 ounce) box sugar-free instant banana pudding mix or 1 (1 3/8 ounce) box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups half-and-half cream or 2 cups milk
- 2 bananas, cut into half longwise and the sliced
- 1 granola bar (I used a 2-pack Peanut Butter)
- whipped topping
- Place granola bars in heavy duty plastic bag; seal; and pound to crush.
- Reserve about 2 tablespoons of granola for sprinkling.
- Spread remaining granola in bottom of 4 parfait glasses--equally.
- Slice banana and sprinkle with lemon juice to keep it from turning brown.
- Divide banana pieces among parfait glasses; place over granola, fitting in tightly.
- Mix very cold Half/Half or milk with pudding mix.
- Whisk to blend thoroughly.
- Immediately divide among glasses over bananas.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, remove any air bubbles from pudding in glasses.
- Top with dollop of whipped cream; sprinkle with reserved crushed granola.
- NOte: If not serving immediately, refrigerate.
I've been trying to get my body back in shape since my last baby...14 years ago. I'll just console myself with this delcious parfait. ;-) Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.
A winner here! So quick, so easy to throw together. Rather than granola bars, I used granola cereal, and skim milk. Served in fancy parfait glasses, granola-loving DH was impressed! Thanks for sharing!
Caroline a very good and simple dessert! I used regular instant french vanilla pudding with oat and honey granola bars and skim milk. I cant wait to try this with banana pudding too! Have to add some whipped topping for that special touch. Will be making these again and might try granola cereal too. Made and reviewed for PAC Fall 2008.