This is from my Joy of Cooking Book dated 1973. I get so many requests for it I just thought that I would send it in. I also use this batter to make muffins, when I do this I bake them for 18 to 23 minutes. So Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 2Blend until creamy, shortening, sugar and lemon rind. Next add eggs and banana pulp and beat.
- 3Add the dry flour mix in by 3 parts. Beat until smooth.
- 4Fold in nuts.
- 5Place in greased loaf pan or in paper mufin cups.
- 6Bake bread for 1 hour, In you used muffins bake for 18 to 23 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.7
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 213.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g