Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from my Joy of Cooking Book dated 1973. I get so many requests for it I just thought that I would send it in. I also use this batter to make muffins, when I do this I bake them for 18 to 23 minutes. So Enjoy!!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups banana pulp
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Blend until creamy, shortening, sugar and lemon rind. Next add eggs and banana pulp and beat.
- Add the dry flour mix in by 3 parts. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in nuts.
- Place in greased loaf pan or in paper mufin cups.
- Bake bread for 1 hour, In you used muffins bake for 18 to 23 minutes.