Recipe by Denise in NH
My sister gave this recipe to me. It is quick and delicious.
Top Review by Lyssie71
I followed this recipe to a "T"...and it was just sort of plain tasting. I was hoping for more from the addition of the half-and-half and gravy. I made it with "healthy" penne pasta...and we were not as pleased as I had hoped. I will not be making it again. Thank you for posting the recipe though!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup marinara sauce or 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup canned brown gravy ("or" homemade)
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add oil, beef and garlic to heated frying pan.
- Saute until meat is browned; drain excess fat.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the cheese for topping and the pasta.
- Simmer the whole mixture while the pasta cooks until just tender.
- Drain the pasta and mix it with the sauce.
- Pour all into a 3 qt.
- (9x13) glass baking dish and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.