Recipe by truebluefunk
Baked Meatballs without nearly as much time commitment and they taste GREAT!!
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 medium egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (extra is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to season) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- PREPARE MEATBALLS: Add onions and vegetable oil to small skillet. Cook over medium heat until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Mix ground meat, egg, breadcrumbs, milk, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 Tbs cooked onions.
- Shape mixture into small meatballs. Place on baking sheet.
- PREPARE SAUCE: mix 1 Tbs chopped onion, sugar, vinegar, BBQ sauce, ketchup, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste is a small saucepan.
- Heat sauce on medium heat until hot, stir occasionally.
- Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Bake until thoroughly cooked, about 14 to 16 minutes.