Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Using cookies this is a fun dessert for kids to make on a no-school day. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (November 1986)
- Place cookies on cookie sheet and then top each cookie with a large scoop of ice cream. Freeze at least 30 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff and egg whites are shiny.
- Spoon meringue into a pastry bag fitted with a large tip.
- Pipe meringue over cookies and ice cream, making sure cookie and ice cream is completely covered. Run a spatula around edges to make sure it is sealed. Freeze for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.