Using cookies this is a fun dessert for kids to make on a no-school day. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (November 1986)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place cookies on cookie sheet and then top each cookie with a large scoop of ice cream. Freeze at least 30 minutes.
- 2Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff and egg whites are shiny.
- 3Spoon meringue into a pastry bag fitted with a large tip.
- 4Pipe meringue over cookies and ice cream, making sure cookie and ice cream is completely covered. Run a spatula around edges to make sure it is sealed. Freeze for at least 15 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 6Bake for 5 minutes or until golden.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Baked Alaska
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 104.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 41.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: