1/1 Photo of Quick Bake Twice Baked Potatoes
1 hr 30 mins
Jenny Frenny's Note:
I discovered that I could cut down on the time to make twice baked potatos by microwaving the potato filling before returning it back into the potato shell. I can also make the filling earlier in the day and store it in the refridgerator until dinner time. I put the potato shells carefully in a zipper bag and put in the fridge as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Wash potatoes and pierce with a fork several times.
- 3Bake on a cookie sheet for 1 hour. Baking time may vary depending on the size of your potatoes. You should be able to stick a fork in each potato without any resistance.
- 4If you are going to bake potatoes right away, decrease oven temp to 350.
- 5When potatoes are cool enough for you to hold in your hand, take a knife and slice off the top of the potato (along one of the long sides).
- 6Take a small spoon and scoop out the insides of the potatoes and putting it in a microwave safe bowl. Take care to keep the shell intact.
- 7Mix potato with butter, sour cream, milk, chives, cheese, salt and pepper.
- 8Microwave mixture on high for 30 seconds. Stir well and microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat until the mixture is steaming hot throughout.
- 9With a spoon, scoop the hot mixture back into the shells and top with cheese or paprika.
- 10Place potatoes on a cookie sheet lined with foil and place in oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted or potato is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Bake Twice Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.0
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.7 mg
- Sodium 280.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 11.1 g