Recipe by MommyMakes
I have never had Moo Shu or Kung Pao or any of that, however this is what I imagine they taste like. This is a nice fast lunch.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
These were fast and full of flavor. I made a few substitutions since we are on vacation and not fully stocked. I used pre-sliced chicken and thinly sliced it, marinated in purchased teriyaki sauce, and sauteed it in pan (tsp. oil). I set aside the cooked chicken and sauteed the coleslaw mix (in tsp. veg. oil) and seasoned liberally with McCormick's California Garlic Pepper. I made a real simple peanut sauce mixing hot water, peanut butter, chopped garlic, smidge of teriyaki sauce into a paste and added it to cooked chicken and cabbage to reheat. When the kids go out of their way to say they like a dish, you can be sure I'll make it again! Roxygirl in Colo.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh cilantro
- 3 cups mixed cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix
- 6 ounces diced chicken breasts or 1 shredded chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut sauce, spicy
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium skillet. Add garlic, cilantro and cole slaw mix. Saute until cabbage is wilted and reduced.
- Add chicken and sauces and stir until mixed through and hot.
- Microwave tortillas for 30 seconds.
- Divide filling between tortillas and roll up burrito style. Enjoy!