Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found the basic recipe in Jan/Feb.2009 issue of "Simple & Delicious". The original recipe name was Ramen-Vegetable Beef Skillet, and it was submitted by Marlene MCallister of Portland, Michigan.But the reason I changed the name is, because I left out a few things and added a few of my own touches.If you are crunched for time, you might want to try a bag of store bought cole slaw for the cabbage and carrots. Submitted to "ZAAR" on January 2,2009.
- In a large skillet,cook the beef,seasoned salt, garlic powder,carrots and onions until beef is browned and veggies are crisp tender.
- Drain and return to skillet.
- Add water,cabbage,green peppers,soy sauce and seasoning packet from the noodles.
- Break noodles into small pieces, add to pan and stir well to cover noodles with liquid.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and noodles are tender.
This recipe isn't "authentic" Asian cooking, but it is tasty and I think the recipe may appeal to many. It is budget friendly, uses pantry staples, with no odd ingredients is kid friendly, easy enough for beginning cooks, and quick to prepare for a busy family. I used fresh garlic, added fresh ginger, celery, and some sesame oil. The recipe cooks quickly and I liked finding a new use for those packets of ramen in the pantry. (I added the seasoning packet, but was unsure whether I should.) It did make things salty. I sprinkled the dish with chopped green onions before serving and added sambal olek at the table individually for those wanting spicy heat. Thank you for sharing your recipe!