Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was part of a recipe for tilapia tacos. I've tweaked it a bit and now make it as a side dish, not just as part of the taco. The last time I made it, I doubled everything and added small, thin strips of red bell pepper and about a handful of snow pea-pods, cut into thirds.
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, light
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, powdered, use more if fresh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Whisk together mayo, lime juice, ginger and sesame oil.
- Add cole slaw mix, cilantro and onion and mix together.
- If desired, you can use 2 Tb mayo and 1 Tb chipotle mayo for a little spice.
We really liked the Asian flair of this coleslaw. It was a nice change from your everyday traditional coleslaw. I took a few liberties with this recipe and made it more of a Chinese chicken coleslaw. I used green onion and went heavy on the cilantro. I also added a couple of handfuls of peanuts, crispy chow mein noodles, and chopped, cooked chicken. To the dressing, I added about 1/2 tsp. soy sauce and 1 tsp. honey. This made a wonderful, quick lunch salad. Thank you for sharing! ** Made for 2013 Divisional Football Playoffs**
So easy and quick to prepare! Nice flavor from the ginger, lime juice, and sesame oil. Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
I really enjoyed this coleslaw. The lime juice and sesame oil were great touches for flavor. Thanks for sharing, Linky. Made for ZWT9.