Recipe by moergan
Just came up with this while trying to find a way to make chicken wraps that were flavorful enough to add some variety to the Atkins diet.
Top Review by Elizabeth D.
I am truly shocked that this recipe has been on here for 5 years and I will only be the second person to review it. Seriously, no one else has tried it? This was really good. I followed the recipe exactly as far as what the ingredients are but I never measure (unless baking) and I chopped the chicken up. Other than that no changes. I will definitely make this again and share this recipe. Thank you.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 -2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large leaves iceberg lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips. Add butter to skillet and melt over medium to high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 1 minute to get the flavors flowing into the butter. Add chicken, hoisin sauce and cook until chicken is white on the outside but still pink on the inside (approximately 5 minutes). Add the chinese five spice, black pepper and soy sauce and cook another 5 minutes on medium to high heat, reduce temperature and simmer covered 5-10 minutes so the chicken becomes tender.
- Fold into lettuce wraps!
- This is very filling, low carb and low calorie. Enjoy!