Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just came up with this while trying to find a way to make chicken wraps that were flavorful enough to add some variety to the Atkins diet.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 -2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large leaves iceberg lettuce
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips. Add butter to skillet and melt over medium to high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 1 minute to get the flavors flowing into the butter. Add chicken, hoisin sauce and cook until chicken is white on the outside but still pink on the inside (approximately 5 minutes). Add the chinese five spice, black pepper and soy sauce and cook another 5 minutes on medium to high heat, reduce temperature and simmer covered 5-10 minutes so the chicken becomes tender.
- Fold into lettuce wraps!
- This is very filling, low carb and low calorie. Enjoy!
This was fabulous! I needed something quick, and I didn't have water chestnuts or mushrooms to use, although they would be a wonderful addition to this. I was craving lettuce wraps, and after my 5th, I am SO full, but it made my pregnant belly happy! :) Thanks for posting this!