Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorite salads. It tastes so good you wouldn't even suspect it's low-fat.
- 3 cups chopped bok choy
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken breasts (1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast meat)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 2 tablespoons hot chile sauce with garlic (is available in the Asian foods section of most supermarkets)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons sesame oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Place bok choy, chicken, carrots and chives in serving bowl.
- Combine chili sauce, oil, vinegar, soy sauce and ginger in small bowl; mix well.
- Pour over chicken mixture and toss gently.
Decided to prepare this salad yesterday as a main meal for a couple of housebound neighbors, & it worked out very well, especially since, in the past, they often frequented Asian restaurants! Made the recipe as written, & they were still raving about it earlier today! Gotta keep this one around! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]