Recipe by Needles
Bright green & fragrant. I found this recipe in a 30-year old Chinese cookbook. I've adapted it for frozen broccoli to make a faster side dish. The color and aroma is great. For fresh brocolli....saute the florets in the ginger oil, add a few tbsp water, cover and steam for 5 mins.
- 1 lb frozen broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 -4 slices fresh ginger, quarter-sized
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw broccoli florets in microwave.
- Heat the oil on medium high in a non-stick skillet.
- Brown the ginger slices.
- Add drained broccoli.
- Stir-fry one minute; add sugar and salt.
- Continue frying until degree of doneness you prefer and all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and toss with sesame oil.