Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
Bright green & fragrant. I found this recipe in a 30-year old Chinese cookbook. I've adapted it for frozen broccoli to make a faster side dish. The color and aroma is great. For fresh brocolli....saute the florets in the ginger oil, add a few tbsp water, cover and steam for 5 mins.
- 1 lb frozen broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 -4 slices fresh ginger, quarter-sized
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame oil
- Thaw broccoli florets in microwave.
- Heat the oil on medium high in a non-stick skillet.
- Brown the ginger slices.
- Add drained broccoli.
- Stir-fry one minute; add sugar and salt.
- Continue frying until degree of doneness you prefer and all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and toss with sesame oil.
I used fresh broccoli, but otherwise followed the recipe....this is a very yummy broccoli recipe, one that will be made again! Thanks for sharing!
This is my new favorite way to prepare broccoli. The ginger and sesame oil really puts this dish over the top. Great flavor and I can't wait to make this dish again. Thanks so much for sharing it, Needles!!!!!