1/1 Photo of Quick As a Wink Preserving Lemons
3 hrs 5 mins
Posted for ZWT6: NA*ME Region: Morocco. It is a staple in Morocco kitchens to preserve lemons. This is a quick and easy way to have the same effect without waiting up to 2 weeks to preserve lemons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub the lemons and trim them at both ends. Cut the lemons lengthwise into sixths.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°F
- 3In a baking dish just large enough to hold the lemons, toss the lemons with the salt and place in one single layer.
- 4Pour enough of the lemon juice over them to just cover them.
- 5Bake covered, stirring occasionally, for 3 hours.
- 6Let the lemons cool and transfer them with their brine to an airtight container. Keep lemons covered and chilled indefinitely.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick As a Wink Preserving Lemons
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 15.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3490.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g