Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From the Jiffy mix recipe booklet. A Microwave cake. I have been known to fix this while unexpected company was waiting in another room! They think you are some kind of master cook! They don't need to know it came from the microwave :)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagejiffy yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cherry pie filling
- 5 tablespoons vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup soft margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Line a 9 inch microwave dish with wax paper.
- Sprinkle pecans in dish evenly. Top that with the cherries and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients and beat on medium speed with mixer for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter over cherries in pan.
- Microwave on high for 12 minutes. Turn 1/4 of the way around every 3 minutes or use a turntable.
- Invert on serving platter. Sprinkle with coconut if desired.