Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A gourmet meal ready in 20 minutes or less! This recipe is loosely based on a frittata recipe I found in Gourmet Magazine (March 2005). You can replace the arugula with fresh spinach or a mixture of the two. You can also use any cheese you like (Gourmet recommends fontina).
- Preheat broiler.
- Cook garlic in oil in a 10-inch well-seasoned cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Discard garlic and add arugula, then cook, stirring frequently, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, salt, and pepper until combined, then pour over arugula in skillet and cook, undisturbed, over moderate heat until almost set, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add sliced tomatoes and sprinkle cheese evenly on top and broil 4 to 5 inches from heat until eggs are just set and cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Can be served warm or cold.