Recipe by Country Cook in Oklahoma
This is a quick way to make a moist and yummy raisin bread. The longer it sits, the better it gets!! This freezes well after it is baked.
Top Review by Tea Jenny
This was very nice, it was so tasty and moist it tasted a bit like a dumpling we make here in Scotland called clootie dumpling, I think it was the Bisquick mix I used that gave it that flavour. I used recipe#75577#75577 it has w/w flour in it and gives it a nice texture. I also used my home made apple sauce. The girls at work loved this one, so I will be making this again. Thank you for posting. Made for harvest moon apple festival Oct 2010.
- 2 1⁄3 cups Bisquick
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl beat eggs, add sugar,applesauce,oil,cinnamon,and vanilla. Beat until mixed.
- Add bisquick and mix well.
- Stir in raisins and pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 until top springs back when touched.
- This rises a lot and the top usually splits.
- Wrap in foil while warm.