Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fun for the kids to make themselves. Add the snapps for adults ;).
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit
- 3 cooking apples, peeled,cored & sliced
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (or apple schnapps)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together apple slices, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and melted butter.
- Separate biscuits and roll out individually into circles.
- Fill center of biscuits with apple mixture and fold dough over into half moon shape.
- Crimp edges with fork.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet until golden brown, about 15 minutes, serve warm.
- Combine powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough water to make a glaze (start small).
- Drizzle over turnovers.
This was extremely easy. I used crescent rolls and used 2 for 1 turnover. It was ok, but today we had giant, flakey bisquits for dinner and I know they would be so, so GOOD with the apple filling. I was a little concerned the apples would not cook soft enough in 15 minutes so I ran them through a chopper. The filling did taste very good. I just used the wrong bisquit.
These were good and relatively easy to put together. The glaze really did not do much for me. I ate most of them without the glaze and found it to be better that way. Thanks Holiday.
This was very yummy! I do recommend using real vanilla instead of imitation vanilla for the topping and it really adds a lot to the dessert.