Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another recipe from my collection.
Make and share this Quick Apple Strudel recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup milk or 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and or 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- chopped nuts
- 1 (8 ounce) can white frosting
- maraschino cherry
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and 2 tablespoons sugar together.
- Cut in shortening and add milk or orange juice to make a soft dough.
- Knead gently on floured board.
- Roll out 1/4 inch thick.
- Brush with melted butter; cover with chopped.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon over apples.
- Roll jelly-roll fashion and form in semi-circle on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While warm frost with white frosting.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts over.
- Decorate with cherries.